The end of 2022 marked the true ascension of Artificial Intelligence. Amazing tools like ChatGPT and DALL-E 2 burst into our lives, and people are finding incredible uses for AI – from writing poems to programming. This trend will continue and intensify in 2023, and AI will play an even bigger role in advertising and marketing.
Artificial Intelligence has become an important part of the realm of digital marketing, revolutionizing the digital sphere through its application in various technologies. Using AI to analyze and understand data, makes it possible to identify trends in the market more accurately, and use the information to plan campaigns, content creation and more. AI tools surpass the capabilities of human intelligence. Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence are increasingly employed by marketers and brands as a means of maximizing efficiency, saving resources and time.
AI works to the advantage of advertisers and publishers using ad networks. For example, AdMaven’s AI is based on a series of stacked algorithms, in order to display the right ad at the right time, based on millions of features. The AI utilized by AdMaven enables advanced personal targeting for a large number of parameters. It also offers retargeting abilities, allowing every advertiser to retarget his audience through AdMaven. You can re-engage high intent audiences with push notifications actively. This way, we can offer CPA, a model in which advertisers pay only for actual sales. A more efficient and profitable process, to the benefit of everyone – thanks to the sophisticated AI engine.
The implementation of AI in digital marketing has a number of notable impacts on the functionality of marketing campaigns, including:
- Better Return on Investment (ROI): AI can aid in the making of more informed decisions regarding digital marketing campaigns, and the development of more effective content. Additionally, AI-assisted marketing strategies can help advertisers to reach the proper target audience.
- Improved Marketing Results: Through the utilization of data-driven research, AI can assist in the design of a more appropriate marketing strategy for big companies and small businesses.
- Increased Productivity: A variety of tedious tasks can be digitized and automated through the application of AI, resulting in a boost in productivity. By streamlining operations and reducing costs, AI can contribute to both increased revenue and reduced expenses for businesses.
- Audience Analysis: AI can analyze information to predict the buying patterns and actions of target consumers, improving user experience and providing them with exactly what they want.
- Competitive Advantage: The utilization of AI insights in business operations is becoming a priority for many companies, as it can lead to better decision-making, lower costs, decreased risk, faster time-to-market, and other advantages over competitors.
Here are some interesting use cases for AI in digital marketing:
Chatbots powered by AI
Chatbots are software that mimics human conversation to interact with users. They can respond to user input in a variety of ways, such as providing information or directing them to other resources, based on the user’s choices or requests.
Some chatbots are powered by AI while others are programmed with a set of predetermined responses. You don’t even need programming experience to create chatbots with specific conversation flows.
Chatbots are used for customer service in many cases, but they can also be used for marketing. This technique gained widespread acceptance after Facebook enabled the integration of bots with its Messenger function. Before this, many Facebook Page Messengers were underutilized, with customers’ questions and concerns infrequently answered by businesses. A chatbot marketing strategy ensures that customer service requests are promptly attended to, and can also assist in generating leads and sales. AI chatbots can help customers choose a specific product, recommend additional products, help with questions and much more. They, of course, are much cheaper than utilizing an actual human to respond to customer queries.
Just remember, don’t let chatbots take over your entire marketing scehma. A successful strategy should include a human touch. Automation is great, but it shouldn’t be the only way you communicate with customers.
Also, be careful not to overuse your chatbot when using it as a marketing or nurturing tool. While it’s a powerful tool that can help you directly message customers, using it too much can be a turn off. If you send too many messages, people will opt out and not want to see your business’s spam in their inbox.
AI in Email marketing
Artificial intelligence gives marketers the capability to personalize email marketing campaigns, thereby elevating the efficacy of their SEO marketing campaigns, through the utilization of user behavior data. AI makes it possible to generate emails in response to specific actions, enabling brands to reach their target audience. By analyzing customer behavior and preferences, AI-aided email marketing allows for the customization of information, leading to the delivery of relevant content to consumers’ inboxes, and improving email marketing metrics such as open and click-through rates.
The utilization of AI in email marketing also tackles the challenge of determining the optimal send time by analyzing subscriber activity history, taking into account factors such as time zones, availability, and unique habits of the recipients.
AI image generators
One of the hottest trends of AI content in 2023 is image generators. The leading engines are Midjourney, DALL-E 2 and Stable Diffusion. Using them is deceptively simple – you feed the AI a text prompt, and they give you an image. For example, this is what you get when you ask Midjourney for a picture of sauce poured on a salad.
Not only is this a great picture – it’s also unique. These AI image generators are more than just a fun tool. They can be used to produce original stock images, banners, color palettes for designers and even logos and fully designed landing pages and websites. These tools aren’t perfect yet, but they are advancing in leaps and bounds, and you’re going to see them used in abundance in the coming years.
AI content writing
Another boiling-hot trend in AI marketing is text-generators. The biggest name is currently ChatGPT, but there are other actors on this stage, including ChatGPT, Jasper, Writer, Hemingway and Grammarly (used mainly for editing).
What can you use AI content writing tools for? The possibilities are almost endless. AI can save you tons of time and money by writing posts, copywriting for ads and landing pages, newsletters and even tweets or posts for Facebook. These tools are far from perfect, and you shouldn’t ditch all your content writers in order to use only the AI, but they are a great addition to your digital marketing toolbox.
We asked ChatGPT: “How can you help me in digital marketing?”. Here’s what the AI answered, unedited:
I can assist you in several ways with digital marketing. Here are a few examples:
- Research: I can help you research industry trends, competitors, and target audiences to inform your digital marketing strategy.
- Content creation: I can help you generate ideas for and create high-quality, SEO-optimized content such as blog posts, articles, and social media posts.
- Ad copywriting: I can help you write compelling ad copy for paid campaigns across different platforms.
- Email marketing: I can help you create and optimize email campaigns, including writing compelling subject lines and email copy.
- Analytics: I can help you analyze data from your digital marketing efforts and provide insights to improve your strategy and tactics.
- Landing page optimization: I can help you analyze your landing pages for optimization for conversion, and making sure the user experience is on point.
It’s important to mention that while I can give you suggestions, ideas, and examples, depending on the task it could be better to work with a human with specific knowledge and experience on the field, and use my help as a complement.