A recent study suggests that the average millennial has a 5-6 second attention span for digital ads! With every ad trying to catch your target customer’s attention, here are a few creative tips proven to increase engagement and improve CTR!
1. Keep it short & simple: if you have 5-8 seconds of your target audience’s attention, keep it as short as possible. Avoid complex language or long sentences.
2. Mirror the user’s objective: think about what your user wants to achieve or accomplish, and then appeal to their needs. Create ads that solve a pain-point or fulfill their desire (not yours!).
3. Use more question marks: They will entice the reader to know the answer. This can be powerful for ad copy and also for email campaigns (if you opened this it worked for us!)
4. Odd numbers work better: As strange as it might sound, CTR on campaigns that use odd numbers work better than even numbers. So, use 3, 5, 7, 9 instead of 4, 6, 8, or 10. This is why we’re bringing you 5 tips instead of 6…
5. Don’t forget to test! This will help you prioritize your best copy. Not knowing which is your best-performing copy to optimize your ads with the highest CTR would be a waste!