Core Responsibilities Include
- Building automation tools and components to enhance the installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS and GCP.
- Collaborating with Software Engineers and Data Scientists and ensuring products and services are pushed into production in a secure fashion.
- Automating the deployment of products and services and actively monitoring to ensure uptime and effective performance of applications and platforms.
- Acting as an escalation point to address issues with outages and operations and actively forecasts to proactively address issues and minimize downtime
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of software development experience with an emphasis on DevOps responsibilities
- Strong development experience with Python and Java.
- Fluent SQL.
- A deep understanding of CI/CD tools, processes and a strong desire to help teams release frequently to production with a focus on creating reliable high-quality results.
- Expertise with AWS and GCP.
- Ability to tackle problems both at the large scale and the small scale, with constant focus on optimization, high availability.
- A drive to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone.
- Analytical capabilities and a passion for building robust platforms for accelerating delivery to production.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Vert.x
- Experience with AWS Redshift
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience solving problems in a live production environment.